Use of this website implies that you know the following terms and conditions and accept this online agreement.
Purpose and use of the website
This website is an informational website about sustainable building. This information is not to be considered as legal advice. Many people contribute to the content of Ecobouwers.be. The online posting of a comment does not need an approval of Bond Beter Leefmilieu. The content of the written opinion remains therefore entirely the responsibility of the author. BBL does not guarantee that the information is complete, correct, accurate or updated. If you think that a forum comment is offensive, you have the following options:
- responding on the website to disprove the inaccuracy;
- directly contact the author via the website to reach an agreement on removal or adjustment of the comment;
- requesting a removal of the comment by the administrator. This procedure is free. Before you start this procedure, Bond Beter Leefmilieu recommends you to carefully look at the facts (and in doubt seek advice from legal counsel). This avoids any unfounded complaint for which you could be held liable. Read more about this procedure >>>
Bond Beter Leefmilieu is committed to prevent technical interruptions as much as possible. However we can not guarantee that the website is completely free of interruptions and other technical problems. Bond Beter Leefmilieu can not be held liable for direct or indirect damage caused by the use of the website or the available information. This applies without restriction to all losses, work stoppages, damage to equipment, programs or other data on your computer. Bond Beter Leefmilieu is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites referred to on Ecobouwers.be.
Administration and moderation
Bond Beter Leefmilieu seeks to ensure the quality of the website. The moderation of forum comments is done a posteriori. BBL has the right to remove or replace any message or part of a message without prior notice and close a topic whenever deemed appropriate. You will be notified of this by email. BBL will not enter into a debate about the moderation. Following items can be removed from Ecobouwers.be:
- comments which are off topic or do not contribute to the debate;
- comments that incite hatred, are part of a smear campaign or contain offensive language;
- advertising messages. Advertising is only allowed through the banners.
BBL may also temporarily or permanently block the access of a user to the website.
You can ask the administrator to remove content. This procedure is free. Bond Beter Leefmilieu can not be held liable if no action would be given on your request. This may be the case if your request was done anonymously, if the motivation was insufficient, or if not all the required data are given. In the context of this procedure Bond Beter Leefmilieu has the right to verify your identity and to ask for additional information to clarify the grounds on which your request for removal was based. For the communication of inaccurate or misleading information you may be held liable.
Your request for removal of content from the website must be written or sent by e-mail, and should contain the following information:
- the date of the request;
- name, surname(s), occupation, residence, nationality, date and place of birth, if the applicant is a legal entity: its shape, its name, registered office and the institution that represents the legal entity;
- the title of the message;
- the name of the user who placed the disputed comment online;
- the text of the forum comment, as well as its exact location on Ecobouwers.be (url), and its date of issue;
- the reasons why the content should be removed.
In case of a message of an unregistered author, the administrator removes the message as soon as possible.
In case of a message from a registered author, the administrator will – as soon as the message is received – send a copy to the author of the comment. If the author does not respond within 10 days, or if he can not be contacted, the administrator will remove the comment. Bond Beter Leefmilieu will notify both the applicant of the removal request as the author of the comment of the removal. If the author of the comment confirms his stated opinion, Bond Beter Leefmilieu will not change the content unless the juridical authority imposes to do so.
Advertising and sponsoring
Ecobouwers.be reaches annually more than 2 million builders and renovators (January 2012). Advertising is possible at competitive tariffs through:
- full banner (728 x 90)
- skyscraper (160 x 600)
- medium button (90 x 160)
BBL organizes every year the doors Open Days campaign Ecobouwer Opendeur. You can advertise via the campaign magazine (circulation approximately 150,000 ex.). We also offer light, medium and major sponsorship packages. Contact us for more information and tariffs
Protection of personal data
Your details will be treated in accordance with the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. The data are used for the proper conduct of the Ecobouwers campaigns and website (including the provision of information and evaluation of the campaign) and to keep you informed of other initiatives of Bond Beter Leefmilieu. You have free access to this data to correct or request the removal. You can also freely object to the use of your data for direct marketing. The data are managed by: Bond Beter Leefmilieu (BBL), Tweekerkenstraat 47, 1000 Brussels, tel 02 282 17 20, email@example.com.
Which personal information do we record?
- via the registration page: name, surname, email address, password. Optional: website, photo
- via the database of houses of Ecobouwers Opendeur we register additional: address, telephone, fax and characteristics of your low energy house
- We automatically record your IP address, your user ID, the brand and version of your browser and the time of the visit. We register the time and IP address of comments.
Why we register your personal information
- To confirm your registration details and password, for sending new passwords when you forget your password
- To occasionally inform you of new actions or campaigns
- To organize Ecobouwers Opendeur. The exhibitors of Ecobouwers Opendeur houses, for which you register, can see your details. You are also automatically subscribed to the newsletter of Ecobouwers.
- To compile statistics about the number of visitors to the different sections of our site
- More generally, for the technical administration of our website
- Bond Beter Leefmilieu provides the following guarantees:
- Your personal information will only be collected and processed to provide for the requested information or to provide the desired online service. The processing of personal data is limited to these objectives.
- BBL employees, who have access to your personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such information. Your personal details will not be disclosed to third parties.
- You always have access to your personal data and you can verify its accuracy. You have the possibility to have your personal data corrected. Please contact the administrator for this.
- Bond Beter Leefmilieu takes the best possible safety measures to prevent the abuse of personal data by third parties.
How do I get access to my personal data?
You have at all times access to your personal data and you can modify them yourself on our website by using your personal user ID and password. You can also ask us, free of charge, to remove all your personal information from our database.
All comments or materials put on this website, are considered as non-confidential. Bond Beter Leefmilieu can use the reactions and data at its own discretion.
This online agreement and all disputes and claims arising out of the use of this site or any data on it fall under the application of the Belgian law. In case of dispute, the Brussels courts are authorized.
BBL may update this disclaimer.
Last update: March 5th 2013.